Tips to keep your smile looking its best.
Okay, let’s be honest, we all want to have that perfect smile – you know, the one that we see on TV and on advertisements. Well there are things that you can do to maintain your smile – and to improve it. Let’s talk about tips and tricks for maintaining your beautiful teeth.
Brushing, brushing, brushing. Yep, brushing and flossing regularly are the first line of defense in saving your teeth. Here’s some tips and best practices:
- Brush at least twice a day
- Floss regularly – we recommend daily
- Change your toothbrush regularly – the American Dental Association (ADA) recommends every 3 or 4 months
- Use whitening toothpaste. Look for one with the ADA seal of acceptance.
- Choose healthy snacks (I know, I love my sugar too. If you’re going to have the candy, make sure you brush, brush, brush)
- Don’t brush too aggressively – that can damage your gums and tooth enamel
And last but not least, come visit your dentist. We’ll remove any tartar build-up and plaque. It’s important that we work together to maintain your dental health. We’re a partnership – just like Batman & Robin and Salt & Pepper. We look forward to seeing you soon!